How to Use PayPal on an Online Casino
PayPal is one of the most popular forms of payment in the entire world, with over 350 million users and top tier security, it's a payment method you can trust. Did you know you could also use PayPal to deposit at your favourite casino sites?
PayPal might be one of the most widely used and recognised payment methods in the whole world, let alone for online casino players. For that reason, you’ll find PayPal is available at most of the best online casino sites on the internet. The company was founded in 1998 as Confinity, which developed security software, before merging with Elon Musk’s X.com in 2001 to become the PayPal we know today.
Paypal became a trusted household name due to being owned and used by eBay, making it easy for millions of people to pay for items and receive payment for the things they sold. You may already have a PayPal account, but why should you use it to deposit on a bingo or casino site?
We have a list of the best Paypal Casino Sites, check them out!
Player safety & security
PayPal is famous for its security – it’s one of the main reasons millions of people trust and use it worldwide. PayPal encrypts your information to stop unauthorised access to your data. Depositing using PayPal allows you to play bingo and slot games online without ever giving your sensitive payment details to a gambling operator/vendor, so you can play with peace of mind.
All transactions are monitored to help prevent fraud or identity theft with alerts triggered if any ‘suspicious’ activity is spotted on your account. You’re not liable for any unauthorised transactions made on your account and should always report them immediately.
Thanks to PayPal’s strict guidelines, only reputable sites are allowed to use its services. It’s particularly careful about the online gambling brands it works with, therefore it’s a positive indicator of high security when an online casino supports PayPal payments.
PayPal also offers Buyer Protection, which covers users when there is a problem with a purchased item – if an item doesn’t arrive or isn’t as described, for example. PayPal will reimburse you the full purchase price (plus shipping) if you open a dispute in its dedicated Resolution Centre and your transaction is eligible.
Unfortunately, PayPal’s Buyer Protection service doesn’t extend to casinos as it excludes “gambling, gaming, and/or any activity involving a chance to win a prize.”
How to create a PayPal account
Creating a PayPal account is free and easy and there are no charges for using the service in Canada.
- Visit the PayPal website or download the app. Click ‘Sign up’ and choose a personal account.
- Enter your information including your name, email address and create a strong password.
- Continue to add your address, DOB and phone number.
- Add your bank account, debit or credit card details. You can choose to enter the information right away or later, however, it’s needed to verify your account.
- You’ll then be charged $1 to your payment method and a 4-digit code will appear on your bank statement. Enter this to verify the account and refund the $1.
- Finally, once you have filled out the form with all of the correct details, confirm your email address. (If you can’t find the confirmation email, check your junk folder).
How to deposit using PayPal
- Go to your chosen bingo or casino site and click deposit.
- Choose to add a new payment method and select PayPal.
- Decide how much you want to deposit, you’ll then be taken to the PayPal login screen.
- Enter your email and password and confirm your payment.
For more information about signing up and using PayPal to pay for things online, visit the PayPal website.